They were never delivered to the HR. Sorry about not explaining.
The process is:
1. The casino gets the art work the way they want it.
2. It goes to gaming for approval. This step is almost a gimmie as they know they get to see the real thing before it is released.
3. The chip is produced and is put in the vault at the manufacturer.
4. A Chip is notched and taken for final gaming approval. This is where F&L lost out.
5. If approved it is sent to the casino. If turned down it goes to a small red grinder right outside of the afore mentioned vault. More chips than you think meets this fate.
I have the grindings from some of the AF chips that were destroyed. I was going to put them in little bottles for friends, but never got around to it.