The Chip Board
Custom Search
   


The Chip Board Archive 05

Re: The FINAL ANSWER to telemarketing!

I like to play with the tele-marketing people too sometimes but it seems like the number of calls is increasing and often times inconvenient for me. BUT because of aging parents with health problems I can not afford not to take the call. Tele-marketers show "Out-of-Area" on the caller ID but so do some of my family who live away. I have sent certified request to two places in New York that are supposed to take your name off both tele-marketing and mail solicitations. This has not worked and I have not documented who is calling each time (and it would be easy for them to say "that was someone else calling last time") It seems like a lot of trouble and hard to prove.

I did find saying, "I'm sorry but I do not accept telemarketing" and they politely end the call, works 97% of the time. The other 3% I say "Why don't you go find a REAL job and quit bothering people who took the time to get an education" When they hear that...they ALWAYS TWIST OFF (100% of the time) and I usually hear them still cussing me as I hang up. And they hear me laughing.

Another ploy is to act deaf until they scream their lungs out, and then say, "If you are not going to talk then I'm hanging up!"

But I'm at the point that I'm ready for a blocking device!

Messages In This Thread

The FINAL ANSWER to telemarketing!
Re: The FINAL ANSWER to telemarketing!
Re: The FINAL ANSWER to telemarketing!
Re: The FINAL ANSWER to telemarketing!
Re: The FINAL ANSWER to telemarketing!
Re: The FINAL ANSWER to telemarketing!
Re: The FINAL ANSWER to telemarketing!
That's some cute kid, Matt!
I know how 2 year olds think.....
Re: Telemarketing!
Sometimes... vbg

Copyright 2020 David Spragg